The Startupbootcamp Cape Town selected J-COMMIT’s Just Land (JJL) as one of the few Startups to participate in Startupbootcamp Accra FastTrack on 22nd June, 2017. This Event was supported by OLD Mutual and Meltwater Entrepreneurship School of Technology (MEST).
Each team was given a 3 minute presentation, followed a 5 minute Q/A. This was followed by a series of five 20 minute hands-on sessions with mentors. The day was designed to be informal and provide constructive feedback on companies and pitch.
Before the presentation, there was a brief insight from Philip Kiracofe, the Operations Manager of Startupbootcamp Cape Town that:
- 90% of growth on the planet earth will be form West Africa.
- The population of West Africa will grow 3-4 times therefore all facilities have to be scaled in order to meet the demands.
- However 3-4 times more cash likely impossible.
- Everything has to be fundamentally replaced.
- Startups cannot scale unless there is open innovation ecosystem with corporate, startups, Investors, Talent and Institutions.
47 Nungua Link Road Baatsona Spintex Road, Accra
During the event tweeting was from @sbccapetown. and event hashtag #SBCFastTrack.
After the event each participant received a $250 Amazon Web Service credits.